Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Monthly Recipe: Breakfast Bake


Breakfast Bake


Ingredients
5 eggs
¼ cup milk
16 oz refrigerated breakfast biscuits (I used the Pillsbury flakey kind) ** DO NOT PRE-BAKE
4 scallions (green onions, spring onions, whatever you prefer to call them)
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
If you’re into the meats – cooked center cut bacon or cooked sausage

Directions 
11×17 pan, sprayed with cooking spray (Note: I think a 9×13 works better, but might need to bake a little longer)

1. Mix your eggs and milk in a large bowl. Cut each biscuit (I’m all about scissors in the kitchen) into fours and add it to the bowl. I like to do this before I cook the bacon or cut up the scallions – give the biscuits some time to really soak in the eggs.

2. Cut up your scallions, shred your cheese, cook and break up your bacon (or sausage). Add everything to the bowl. 

3. Mix it all up and pour into your pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes (make sure it isn’t runny – mine this morning took 28 mins).

Hello Everyone. Welcome to the first monthly recipe of 2014. I plan on trying a good amount of recipe this year. I try to make one new recipe every month. Then I share them with you all. Some turn out good and some not so much. Last month Crockpot Cashew Chicken did not turn out all the great. Hubby and me decide I wouldn't cook that recipe again. 

I find this recipe on Crockpot Facebook page. Which I would link the page but it seem to not want to work for me. I have also seen this recipe on pinterest.


Hubby and me really enjoy this recipe and I will be making it again some time. This time hopefully I won't burn it. I'm still trying to learn on how to cook food on celsius degree. One of these day I will get it right and not burn food. I have gotten better at it.  I'm just happy for the Appbox pro app I have on my phone. That way I can change things from fahrenheit degree to celsius degree. 

Don't forget to enter my Favorite Things Giveaway

HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY.

21 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my house we love breakfast casserole of any type I'm definitely giving this one a try who dose not love bacon thanks Amy.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I love breakfast food no matter if it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day I made this. We ate it for dinner. Breakfast for dinner is the best.

      Delete
  4. looks nice :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that looks delish yumm

    My blog is here www.Islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love breakfast foods...this sounds so yummy, even without meat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing pictures dear! Looks so yummy! Thank you so much for your comment :)) I have a new post up now!
    keep in touch! big kiss :)

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delis!!! And so perfect for when you have guests too!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  9. this loos sooo delicious!! thanks for sharing dear and thanks for visiting my blog =) keep in touch http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Thanks so much for stopping by! I truly appreciate every comment and suggestion and they always bring a smile to my face! Have a great day!