Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November Recipe: Stuffed Peppers

 Ingredients

1 pound ground beef

1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice

1 cup of water

6 green bell peppers

2(8oz) cans of tomato sauce

1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon garlic  powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

salt and pepper to taste

 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 

  Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
  3. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
  4. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
  5. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
  6.  Recipe from  Allrecipe.com
Hello Everyone. It that time again where I share a recipe that I have cooked. Hubby and me love stuffed pepper. We hadn't have it in a long time. So we decide to have it for dinner one night last month. I went on my favorite website for recipes.  Which it All recipes.com. Link is above.  I did make a couple change to the recipe. Which was I used soy sauce instead of the Worcestershire sauce. Also I used a real onion instead of the powder.  Also I made 4 pepper instead of 6. We both had 1 for dinner and then the other one for lunch the next day.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY.

31 comments:

  1. Looks delicious ^^

    XoXo

    http://breakfastinthefrontrow.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I love stuffed peppers (even more when they're mini- so cute) and I could easily veganize this recipe by using ground round (soy) instead of ground beef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious!!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look AMAZING.

    xxx,

    Danielle Faith
    DanielleFaith.ME

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YUM! I am totally making these ASAP! What a great fall recipe!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looove stuffed peppers!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wish I could cook right about now.

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving it!! :D

    Thanks for your comment !!

    Happy Birthday Blog :)

    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/happy-b-day-in-fashionrlounge.html

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use to do the same thing with tomatoes!
    Come back soon to visit my blog: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a red dress by Max C London!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm -i always wondered if these would also be good with red peppers
    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this I usually eat sopmuch that I can walk afterwards!

    Thank you so much for your comment!

    Stop by soon! Lots of new posts!

    http://isbla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. they look delicious!

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me find out Amy can throw down!
    Yes girl! That looks super yummy!
    Im going to have to try this soon...Im sure ur hubby grubbed down on this!
    Chef Amy is in the building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me go LOL. I always love getting comment from you

      Delete

Hello and Thanks so much for stopping by! I truly appreciate every comment and suggestion and they always bring a smile to my face! Have a great day!